Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Passive Income Sources

For the last few years I have been researching ways to generate passive income. Here is what I have discovered and what works best for me.


Commission Free ETFS
The holy grail? ZERO commissions are involved. This is not a get rich quick scheme, but you can buy lots of high paying dividend ETF's via various brokerages.

Closed End Funds
These are just NOT popular, but I absolutely love these. Check out cefconnect.com for a nice screener. The only forum I have found that discusses these is on morningstar and apparently everything I own is not popular. People seem to love PIMCO and I don't get it. I don't care how great Bill Gross is, all his Muni CEF's sell at premiums and I refuse to buy.


Individual Stocks
Ok so I did the unpopular thing and sold all of mine a few weeks ago, terrible I know. I just cannot accept the company specific risk involved. Also despite knowing a little mathematics and finance I don't feel like I know enough to invest in individual companies.

Blogging
Ok so it's not really passive because it takes time to post stuff. I'm relatively new to this to be honest and I'm not even a good writer. I read somewhere you can make money by blogging so I started a blog yesterday. It's fun, I like posting, although I have no idea how to draw traffic and be good at it. Everyone says wordpress is better but I don't care. Blogger is easy:)



No comments:

Post a Comment